For those of you desire to root your LG G Flex 2, LG G2, LG G3, or other LG phones on Android 5.0.1/5.0.2 Lollipop, we have some great news, WE HAVE Rooted!
We can now root multiple LG Android Phones on Lollipop (and apparently should run also on KitKat) by applying the LG firmware exploit method.
This root method runs on many LG devices. This will work on every LG Smartphone Device but If this not works for you then let us acknowledge and we will update this method.
Method To Root LG G Flex 2, G2, G3 on Lollipop 5.1!
1. First enable Developer option. Go to Settings>About Phone>Software Info> then hit on the “Build number” about 5 times.
2. Now you should notice “Developer options” in Settings, open it. Make sure “USB Debugging” is enabled. Then connect your LG phone to your computer by using micro-USB cable.
3. Download LG Root File and extract the files. You should see a folder named “LG_Root” in your Downloads location.
4. Make certain you have latest drivers installed. To download Latest LG Device Drivers check below
LG G Flex 2 Drivers (Works for most LG devices)
For Verizon LG devices.
5. Open a command prompt then type:
Then disconnect and connect the micro-USB on your LG device until you see “Allow USB debugging” on the phone.
Choose “Always allow from this computer” then click “OK”.
Type “adb devices” and you should notice a serial number along with “device”. If you notice this you are ready to shake!
6. Next copy and paste the following on command prompt:
adb.exe push busybox /data/local/tmp/ && adb.exe push lg_root.sh /data/local/tmp && adb.exe push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp
7. Turn Off your LG device and disconnect the micro-USB cable. Then while holding down the Volume Up key connects in the micro-USB cable. You should see “Downloading…”.
And after few times, it should set to “Firmware Update”.
8. Next, open the “ports.bat” by Right Clicking>Run As Administrator and view the COM number near to “DIAG1″.
9. Next, type:
Send_Command.exe \\.\(your COM Number)
Replace (your COM Number) with the COM number (Step 8).
sh /data/local/tmp/lg_root.sh dummy 1 /data/local/tmp/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/busybox
10. If you have an LG device with a detachable battery, just remove the battery and put it back. For devices without the detachable battery, hold down Volume Up and Power keys mutually for 30 se until your device restart.
11. Once restarting, your phone is fully rooted!
Congratulations, you’ve strongly rooted. I hope this method of How To Root LG G Flex 2, G2, G3 on Lollipop 5.1! works for you. if you have any problem feel free to contact us or drop a comment below.